7 Functions of the Blood
There are seven life functions in the blood of JESUS CHRIST!
- Oxygen - Life • The red blood cells transport oxygen from respiratory structures (lungs) to the cells of the body. • The blood of the lamb transports the breath of life into out spiritual cells so we can truly live and continue living for all eternity.
Leviticus 17:11 “For the life of the creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life.”
- Cleansing - Holiness • The blood transports metabolic wastes from each cell to organs that excrete them, even drugs. • The blood of the lamb cleanses us spiritually and removes all poisonous wastes from the world that will kill us.
1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all [Or every]() sin
- Nutrition - Nourishment • The blood transports nutrients from the digestive system and from storage depots to each cell of the body. • The blood of the lamb transports food to our spiritual cells and keeps us from starving to death for all eternity.
John 6:53 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
- Hormones - Joy • The blood transports hormones from endocrine glands to target tissues. • The blood of the lamb transports hormones- excitement-joy to our spiritual bodies.
Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.
- Balance - Purity • The blood helps to maintain fluid balance in the body. • The blood of the lamb will maintain balance in our life so we do not fall off one side or the other.
1 Peter 1:18 Knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.
- Heat - Safety • The blood helps to distribute metabolic heat within the body and to maintain normal body temperature. • The blood of the lamb will distribute heat to us in the midst of the storms to keep us warm and secure and it will help us stay at peace in the midst of the storms of life.
Hebrews 10:19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,
- Defense - Protection • The blood (white blood cells) defend the body against invading microorganisms. • The blood of the lamb will defend us against the powers of darkness and keep us safe in battle.
Hebrews 12:24 to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.
Pleading the Blood of Jesus Pleading the blood of Jesus is not the superstitious application of a magic formula of words. Rather, a spiritual dynamic is being applied. The power of the blood of Jesus Christ is greater than both the energy of our own humanity and that of our Adversary. The power that saves is also the power that releases, delivers, and neutralizes the enterprises of hell and the weaknesses of the flesh. The appropriation of the power of the Blood in tough situations is intended for every believer in Christ to know, to understand, and to employ. (Jack Hayford) ]